Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Show your culinary delight
Yes, that's not the only time I've been so close to death, but I'm still alive?? Big Grin

?? ????I'm not allergic to pancakes, probably cheese was the cause.. I am allergic to nuts and almonds.. snails.. lots of green plants.. etc..??

?? ?? As a matter of fact,??the insects were delicious,??disgusting but delicious.. I??tried the frogs' legs too,??a bear, a horse and so on?? Blush??
?? ????I'm glad that??Radsha??completed the first aid course,??but if an allergy is, just an injection??can help. But hey, from experience it's more?? ?? ?? ?? ?? important to drive fast, lol
?? ????I reckon I'm safe with you?? Banana
(09-14-2019, 01:53 PM)HP-Rabi Wrote: My culinary delights consist of Tatertots and Hotdogs, or Pasta with butter salt parmesan cheese,

Occasionally i might spice it up with some shredded cheese or bread and butter

Now my son loves my chicken alfredo, and about everything else i cook for him lol

?? ?? HP, You sound like our 9-year old grandson. "Pizza bites? Boxed Mac & Cheese? YESSSssss!!" , "HOTDOGS!??? O. K. !!"
He has a love for the "Box-to-table" junk over our family-tested meals for some reason.?? He is coming around some though.?? He does love my home-made Corn Muffin Bread, toasted, with lotsa butter.?? My Cinnamon Swirl Bread is to be taste-tested??this Monday, ... if there's still any left by then.?? He did help me put it together, but he had to get home before it was finished.?? We're trying to get him to explore new "old fashion, home-made" foods.?? He does have some food "sensitivities" that need to be kept in mind, but he's just too picky when it comes to most of our family-style meals.
???? Growing up, our family didn't have the privilege of being picky.?? We always had good, healthy food on the table. Mom spent a good part of the week planning, checking the sales, buying the groceries, and preparing our meals. You didn't dare give her a hard time about them.?? She always had our health in mind, especially where food and the meals were concerned, and she did her very best for us.??
???? It's good to see your son has a taste for more healthy foods and that you can cook them for him.?? NOW all you have to do is teach Him to cook, too.?? "A family that cooks and bakes together has a bond that will last forever."
@Valentino:??
Once you know all of your allergies you can cook and eat around them to avoid injuries - so come with clear instructions, plz, haha.??
Well, horse (salami) doesn't sound sooo digressive where I'm living. Would try bear maybe although I love teddies.??Ostrich is delicious, pheasant and quali, too. Definitely can't recommend escargots (we tried them in Paris, so there's no way they will taste good anywhere at all, lol).??But no chance I put some vermin into my mouth - insecticide will stay my only reaction for those nasty critters??Big Grin
It doesn't have to be so very eccentric food for me anyway as it's amazing in how many different ways you could prepare the simple stuff. Nevertheless I'm always learning some new ingredients: valrhona chocolate, sorrel icecream, gooseberry champagne ... dinner can be??a never-ending love story?? Shy

@Rabi & 2Old:
We had tater tots at RubyTuesday's and Mac 'n Cheese at Applebee's??this year in NYC, both has??been luscious through and through.
I myself??never had to starve or something, but with role models who had to experience the 2nd World War a respect for food was deeply ingrained in my soul. Mommy described how kids like??herself??were sent out to steal potatoes from the acres around so that their families would make ends meet and so on. Therefore??lot of ordinary meals appeared upon our table. Nourishing in several aspects as I was told what these dishes have looked like??in the old days or what an incredible gift a slice of bread with lard has been, etc.

And by the way:??Nothing against fast / junk food.??
Radsha & I won't ever??forget the yummy??chilli cheese fries at Lady Liberty's feet e.g.?? Heart

[Image: iohipnisv9hihde6g.jpg]
[Image: giphy.gif] [Image: 9o49v1dnxqreizp6g.jpg]
A man will go to war, fight & die for his country. But he won't get a bikini wax. (R.Rudner) | Night air, good conversation & a sky full of stars can heal almost any wound. (B.Taplin)
Known allergies are not a problem, new ones are so plz??remember what ingredients u use and we will see..something like russian roulette?? Smile???? my father made some??escargots??(snails) once, please don't do that to me?? Angel?? but he made it so good,??really delicious. Maybe when you come here you can try it?? Big Grin??
?? ?? ??"??But no chance I put some vermin into my mouth" -??have you ever watched??Bear_Grylls?????
?? ?? ??I??definitely agree with you, food is never-ending love story Smile
You've got so much of great meat in Croatia that I wouldn't waste a thought on snails there, hehehe.

Roach snacking reminds me more of this TV show, but Bear Grylls is new to me, certainly having to survive in the wilderness is a different story, atm I still think I'd rather eat all the plants around or try to go fishing or something than eating bugs, but who knows. My point is just that insects don't fit into my personal never-ending food love story - as long as there still is some angus beef burger, pulled pork or medium rare flanksteak out there THIS is where my taste buds are harmoniously rejoicing Angel
A man will go to war, fight & die for his country. But he won't get a bikini wax. (R.Rudner) | Night air, good conversation & a sky full of stars can heal almost any wound. (B.Taplin)
Hey Everyone??
?? I love the conversation !
Just got back from Orlando - Disney World= Wife N ?? I ??ate at some wonderful Restaurants there. They are Building everywhere here, becoming hard to get reservations.
Being Italian-American Eating is not what we do , it is our JOB !!! ?? ??LOL ?? We don't eat cause we are hungry, We eat cause we love People ! and what better way to get to know someone over a great meal and a bottle of wine . ??Weeeeeeeee ?? ??My wife is a great cook and I will be posting pics of some of her Creations soon.
Bon appetit??
Chow

My wifes Pork Pizziola
Notice Mamas old cooking Pan
@Kitty
?? ?? ??Food in Croatia is very good. Every part of Croatia has some traditional specialities. Also??we have more than a hundred indigenous wine varieties, about 25 are better known.??When I'm in my hometown I go fishing whenever I can??so maybe when u come here, u can also go fishing with me and we can make some fresh??grill?? Wink

?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? !!!!!THE INVITATION IS VALID FOR ANYONE INTERESTED!!!!!

?? ?? ??Fella,??I never try pork pizzaiola but??it looks delicious!??I found the recipe so I'll make one. I don't think it will turn out so well, but it's worth a try?? Shy Shy
(09-17-2019, 05:30 PM)valentino Wrote: @Kitty
?? ?? ??Food in Croatia is very good. Every part of Croatia has some traditional specialities. Also??we have more than a hundred indigenous wine varieties, about 25 are better known.??When I'm in my hometown I go fishing whenever I can??so maybe when u come here, u can also go fishing with me and we can make some fresh??grill?? Wink

?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? !!!!!THE INVITATION IS VALID FOR ANYONE INTERESTED!!!!!

?? ?? ??Fella,??I never try pork pizzaiola but??it looks delicious!??I found the recipe so I'll make one. I don't think it will turn out so well, but it's worth a try?? Shy Shy

Hi Valentino
Pretty simple to make but follow your recipe and let us know how it turns out
Fella
I have so many recipes to share! A lot of what I make and have you can substitute just about anything!
This is an old pic, but I look at it often salivating, waiting for the day I can get it again. 
[Image: EEA303-DC-961-F-419-B-B6-E6-12-F2-DC1-E51-A8.jpg]

This is tonight on the grill. 
[Image: C8-B2-D7-C2-A670-4687-96-F2-FCDAEE62-E8-E0.jpg]
[Image: Most-Violent-MF-r-Ever-Signature.png]
[Image: b_460x42_C000000-222222-333333-CCCCCC-FFCC00-FFCC00.png]

(07-23-2020, 05:39 PM)Dusty Wrote: This is an old pic, but I look at it often salivating, waiting for the day I can get it again. 
[Image: EEA303-DC-961-F-419-B-B6-E6-12-F2-DC1-E51-A8.jpg]

This is tonight on the grill. 
[Image: C8-B2-D7-C2-A670-4687-96-F2-FCDAEE62-E8-E0.jpg]
Yum!!!!   Welcome back Dusty!  I like your taste in beer, not too hoppy-bitter, and just the right amount of sweet aroma.  Great !!!  Only had it once, but it was a memorable one.
Smells like Bavaria in the first pic, Dusty Smile
Perfect snapshot with the gravy dripping down, haha.
Well, you know by now that you're more than invited over here. Just give us a call whenever you're close to Germany (hard to tell when that might be atm, ikr, yet still).

That's a self-made herb butter on that fish or ...? Yummy, I'm craving it!  Cool