Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is temp kicking because of "complaints" common?
Is it common and accepted practice to kick players if someone is complaining of walls or other hacks without any proof???

I'm talking about the kind of kill where there is a UAV up, or you saw someone run around a wall and waited for them to come back, etc.??

Today I played on the crossfire server for about two hours. During that time, several people were banned for hacks, one of which I personally called for to be banned. All during this time, no one complained about me (even though mods claim "there were others" who were complaining).??

Then the time came for "fun time", where all the ammunition is unlimited. After two games of this, it went back to normal crossfire, and I equipped the g3. Not soon after, this guy who was playing the server for MAYBE 30 minutes (remember, I was deep into a 2 hour session) accuses me of walling.??

I reply, "Bruv". He replies "eat shit bruv". A mod types and says to be nice. And then I get kicked.??

It's after I rejoin that the mod says people are complaining. I am almost 100% positive no one else claimed I was hacking, mostly because I usually reply to the accuser. The only other time I replied to someone was when a guy said "jr00p is good", but that's all they said and I don't think it was a hackusation. That was close to the beginning of the session.

I'm not asking for special treatment, I just don't think it's right to kick someone after a single person is complaining. The admins obviously did not think I was hacking, they just took the word of a guy who must have seen a bad killcam, and was probably standing in the same place he killed me with a UAV up.

My IGN is jr00p. It used to be Wrecksauce, maybe some of you are more familiar with that one. Either way, I'm a "Low Mods", same account. Apparently that isn't factored into a kick/temp ban though. I don't think I've ever been kicked before, though I've been playing on these servers for several years, so it may have happened at a different point.

sorry for the long post, it just seems weird. I was about to get off anyway, the only reason I rejoined after the first kick was because I was hoping for a legitimate explanation. "there were others [complaining]" isn't that good of one when it was only one complaint.

TL;DR??
Is kicking a low mods due to a single false complaint of walling standard practice? As far as I know, no mods were spectating, I was using a single fire weapon (g3), and I was kicked very soon after I was accused of walling, leading me to believe it was a kick based on either the single complaint in that match, or an annoyed admin.
Jr00p

you were temp banned for 6 mins for multihacks or MH, I do not see allot of complaining by you during game, my guess is the admin or mod felt you have a modded config or binds otherwise the ban would have been longer, the low mods means nothing other than a B3 notice in game, when a admin is in the midst of multiple hackers in a server the need to remove them all is very important to the rest of the players, you may have been caught up in the middle
(02-27-2019, 08:18 AM)HP-Rabi Wrote: Jr00p

you were temp banned for 6 mins for multihacks or MH, I do not see allot of complaining by you during game, my guess is the admin or mod felt you have a modded config or binds otherwise the ban would have been longer, the low mods means nothing other than a B3 notice in game, when a admin is in the midst of multiple hackers in a server the need to remove them all is very important to the rest of the players, you may have been caught up in the middle

Thanks for your response Rabi.??
There was??an unusually large amount of people being kicked last night so it's perfectly reasonable it was a mistake. As far as I know, my only config changes are fov and uncapped frames. Both of those are allowed, correct? I tried looking for server rules here and didn't see anything to clarify. Is there also a way to check current??config changes?
the FOV is fine anything else is a no,

you can reset config to stock if I remember right, I have never adjusted my config I play completely stock