Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Show your culinary delight
Title is self-explanatory.

Go out and??drink &??dine together or stay home & cook a meal! Whatever came your way and??was yummy -??feel free to share it with us.

As for every fifth of the month?? Heart ??EyeOfRadsha & me will be having a candlelight dinner somewhere, so it's a good day to start this ... once again.??
This is by far not our latest culinary delight yet it fits a by far not latest forum's state:??
Pizza with mushrooms, pepperoni, onions & arugula, pepperoni,??eggplant??at our former??favorite italian restaurant.

[Image: q7plsnkixqm0nh56g.jpg]

Be our guest!
"A man will go to war, fight and die for his country. But he won't get a bikini wax." (Rita Rudner)

"Night air, good conversation, and a sky full of stars can heal almost any wound." (Beau Taplin)
That is looking so good, it good to have that kind off "primetime" together !!
Old Friend ! Angel
Ohhh PIZZA ....I love IT!!!!!!! My favorite food!!!!!!!!! I DIE FOR IT!
Wink 

I love cooking and here is something 100% from eco production..??
Homemade potatoes, onion, carrots, and (I catch it) something like small octopus -under the lid.. The octopus has??two rows of "sticky attachments" on the tentacles and??this one has??only??one row..??

http://www.mediafire.com/view/hjs5cnjvyv...194352.jpg
Gorgeous, ray, thanks for participating,??I can almost smell it! Angel

We've got more in common when you love cooking, hehe?? Exclamation

This for instance is an arrangement of a smoked salmon spinacch roll (family recipe more or less)??next to a cinnamon babka??and a??chocolate babka:

[Image: tdd4wqd89at6gxd6g.jpg]

[Image: yxpegf8xk373l4l6g.jpg]

For those interested:??I got the recipe from my aaaaall time favorite series Seinfeld by the way?? Big Grin

"A man will go to war, fight and die for his country. But he won't get a bikini wax." (Rita Rudner)

"Night air, good conversation, and a sky full of stars can heal almost any wound." (Beau Taplin)
We've got more in common than we know?? ?? Blush

It looks good but I don't like spinach.. Somehow now we have lass in common?? Rolleyes Shy??
(09-06-2019, 07:53 AM)valentino Wrote: We've got more in common than we know?? ?? Blush

It looks good but I don't like spinach.. Somehow now we have lass in common?? Rolleyes Shy??

?? ??When it comes to most things, especially foods, you will never have less in common than you had before, you will just have more options open to explore and build on.?? There are way too many foods to taste, and to possibly find that you have another common like.?? Unless your tastes change, you can't have less, you will only add to your "common likes" when it comes to food.?? ENJOY!!!!
(09-12-2019, 01:00 PM)Too??Old??To??Run Wrote: ???? When it comes to most things, especially foods, you will never have less in common than you had before, you will just have more options open to explore and build on.?? There are way too many foods to taste, and to possibly find that you have another common like.?? Unless your tastes change, you can't have less, you will only add to your "common likes" when it comes to food.?? ENJOY!!!!

Well said =)??
I really didn't then think like that, like you so??optimistic. Probably the problems around me, then,??influenced my thinking a lot. You are right, if I haven't found any spinach foods that I like so far it doesn't mean I won't find it. It's nice to have someone to remind you to always be and stay positive?? Wink
(09-12-2019, 06:02 PM)valentino Wrote:
(09-12-2019, 01:00 PM)Too??Old??To??Run Wrote: ???? When it comes to most things, especially foods, you will never have less in common than you had before, you will just have more options open to explore and build on.?? There are way too many foods to taste, and to possibly find that you have another common like.?? Unless your tastes change, you can't have less, you will only add to your "common likes" when it comes to food.?? ENJOY!!!!

Well said =)??
I really didn't then think like that, like you so??optimistic. Probably the problems around me, then,??influenced my thinking a lot. You are right, if I haven't found any spinach foods that I like so far it doesn't mean I won't find it. It's nice to have someone to remind you to always be and stay positive?? Wink

???? I'm like you, I don't like spinach either.?? BUT, I have had a spinach lasagna that was actually Very good.?? I never liked uncooked tomatoes, until I had some out of my father-in-laws' home garden.?? WOW!?? This Is What Tomatoes Should Like!!?? They were great!?? I still love fresh tomatoes, ... and I still don't like spinach.?? BUT I learned that there are a lot of really great foods out there, and that I haven't stopped liking those foods that our family and friends like in common.
???? The same goes for wine and beer.?? I make the kind I like and IF someone else likes that same one, Great.?? If not then we still have the ones that we do enjoy together, AND there are LOTS MORE that we haven't tried yet.?? The list of foods and drinks were share a like for keeps growing, and it has never gotten smaller.??
???? "Good true friends are as hard to find as a bottle of wine that EVERYbody loves." ?? So, when you do find someone who enjoys some of the same foods and drinks that you do, build on that by trying those new foods and see if you can make your shared list grow.?? It's a lot of fun.

2OldToRun
You nailed it, mates. Smile
Or like Luciano Pavarotti said it: "One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating".

Radsha is kind of proud that we had some guests who came disliking vegetables and left getting along with at least a few. So maybe our salmon roll could convince you of spinach, haha.

I'm the best example of how taste is developing through the years as I was quite a picky child who had a favourite dish for each restaurant and rarely varied something also on the table at home. Then Radsha came along and ordered a pizza for me with feta instead of mozzarella - I didn't want to give the man of my dreams the impression of being fussy, so I ate it and guess what, I actually got fond of feta cheese. This was the beginning of a whole food journey I didn't want to miss a thing of.

Stay curious?? Cool

(09-13-2019, 01:35 AM)[UW]EyeOfKitty Wrote: You nailed it, mates. Smile
Or like Luciano Pavarotti said it: "One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating".

Radsha is kind of proud that we had some guests who came disliking vegetables and left getting along with at least a few. So maybe our salmon roll could convince you of spinach, haha.

I'm the best example of how taste is developing through the years as I was quite a picky child who had a favourite dish for each restaurant and rarely varied something also on the table at home. Then Radsha came along and ordered a pizza for me with feta instead of mozzarella - I didn't want to give the man of my dreams the impression of being fussy, so I ate it and guess what, I actually got fond of feta cheese. This was the beginning of a whole food journey I didn't want to miss a thing of.

Stay curious?? Cool

>>>
?? ??Enjoy all of your food choices and the fact that we even have those choices.?? In today's world we really don't know just how much longer this "gravy train" of ours is going to last, so be thankful for each meal, and enjoy and remember every bite and every taste.
(09-13-2019, 01:54 AM)Too??Old??To??Run Wrote: >>>
?? ??Enjoy all of your food choices and the fact that we even have those choices.?? In today's world we really don't know just how much longer this "gravy train" of ours is going to last, so be thankful for each meal, and enjoy and remember every bite and every taste.

Thanks, 2Old, certainly important to keep that in mind. There has been not one day in my life I wasn't aware of the sheer uncertainties of existence and also full of gratitude for privileged experiences. Brings us back to the darkness-light-conversation from the shoutbox: the more roaches in the kitchen, mold on the bread and ants in the soup during several foreign weeks of my year, the more I relish dining at award winning restaurants on wedding anniversaries.

Seize the day Heart

I also didn't eat uncooked tomatoes before because I didn't like it. I still don't like the taste of home-garden tomatoes but I like it from store. My girlfriend told me that she will wash my car if I try one slice od tomatoes xD it was first time that I tryed tomatoes from store and now I eat them?? Big Grin

?? ?? ??When it comes to trying new foods, I'm always a little skeptical.. My father made some italian specialty and almost he killed me (he drove me to the hospital by car and doctor said that I woudn't be alive if he had stepped on only one red light).??
?? ?? ??I almost choked with??apple on the??top of a mountain, with pickles few time...
?? ?? ??Among other things, my mother poisoned me with pancakes and I spent 5 days in the hospital. I couldn't eat pancakes for a while...
?? ?? ??
?? ?? ??I??would love to try your??salmon roll, I'm always up for trying new things (I??tried fried locusts so?? Blush ??). When it comes about??food, somehow from experience, I wish that an emergency is nearby xD??
Wow, ray, you are one of a kind! Big Grin We talked about it, but I didn't know that you've been mostly close to death due to your rotten choice of meals, lol.

Well, the apples and pickles might happen, yet the italian dish and the pancakes must have a reason to effectuate such reactions in you, right? I mean are you allergic to something?

Yep, what I serve can hardly be worse than insects ??... muahaha, so I invite you to give it a try whenever you're nearby Smile
As a volunteer firefighter Radsha completed an advanced first aid course, I guess we'd get you through a dinner alive *fingers crossed* Big Grin

My culinary delights consist of Tatertots and Hotdogs, or Pasta with butter salt parmesan cheese,

Occasionally i might spice it up with some shredded cheese or bread and butter

Now my son loves my chicken alfredo, and about everything else i cook for him lol