Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COD4 Ver. 1.8 for Mac???
Okay, so I downloaded the new Catalina iOS onto my MacBookPro'17 and cannot connect now. 
I've scoured around looking for a Mac v. 1.8 for COD4, but I guess it doesn't exist.  Can anyone 
suggest a solution or work around?  Otherwise, it looks like that's the end of the road.

Sgt. R

Here's a clip of the Apple announcement:

Apple's transition to 64-bit technology is now complete. Starting with macOS Catalina, 32-bit apps are no longer compatible with macOS. If you have a 32-bit app, please check with the app developer for a 64-bit version.

From what I can find (or rather not find) is that there is any intention for a COD4 Mac v. 1.8
Looks like we got the same macbook!! but... The COD4 should support both 64 and 32. 32 is a common but mostly unused from what i heard in the internet... 32 is probably best for business, servers etc.

in order to PLAY as in.. joining in-game and so on... it probably requires 64 bit. send the error report or screenshot and show me what it is saying.

Thanks! Smile

PS: I might be wrong though...

PSS: So, here is what everyone is saying... Since CoD4 is discontinued (meaning no more new updates unless they decided.) there will be no 1.8 patch for mac, however, 1.7 is available. Since, Apple decided to reduce the percentage for gaming on a mac... it is most likely, they'll never send the patch.

1. CoD4 is discontinued with no updates.
  2. Apple is trying to reduce the compatibility for gaming on most mac. (Probably for 3rd Party Games *outside of the app store*)
  3. Mac is still 1.7, while PC is 1.8...
Solution: Since Fatalforces is trying to get to 1.8 for security reason, let us hope that they'll make a a server where hackers wont ddos you in 1.7!
use bootcamp or wine
[Image: tumblr_mzljwwOUkE1s8tqb9o2_500.jpg]
Thanks i7, I guess my ride is over. Intah, you're too deep for me. It was good playing with y'all. Counter Strike sucks, waaay too many 13 year olds. Reminds me of HX server.
Video 
(10-18-2019, 01:37 AM)Sgt. Rock Wrote: Thanks i7, I guess my ride is over.  Intah, you're too deep for me.  It was good playing with y'all.  Counter Strike sucks, waaay too many 13 year olds. Reminds me of HX server.

13 min tutorial, not that deep
Intah, you're brilliant..., I started this and it sounds logical, I will tackle this tomorrow when I haven't had a few Smirnoffs.
Thanks, mate.
(10-20-2019, 01:29 AM)Sgt. Rock Wrote: Intah, you're brilliant..., I started this and it sounds logical, I will tackle this tomorrow when I haven't had a few Smirnoffs.
Thanks, mate.

Glad i could help out. You can PM me on here or message me on discord @ Intah#3334 and I would be more than happy to help you out with any bumps you might encounter
(10-13-2019, 10:40 PM)Sgt. Rock Wrote: Okay, so I downloaded the new Catalina iOS onto my MacBookPro'17 and cannot connect now. 
I've scoured around looking for a Mac v. 1.8 for COD4, but I guess it doesn't exist.  Can anyone 
suggest a solution or work around?  Otherwise, it looks like that's the end of the road.

Sgt. R

Here's a clip of the Apple announcement:

Apple's transition to 64-bit technology is now complete. Starting with macOS Catalina, 32-bit apps are no longer compatible with macOS. If you have a 32-bit app, please check with the app developer for a 64-bit version.

From what I can find (or rather not find) is that there is any intention for a COD4 Mac v. 1.8

I had the same problem I had to downgrade from catalina to Mojave until they make a 64 bit COD4 modern warfare 2