Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question
Question:

-directed to:  NeJoy, Darth Jiggles, Marksman, Hogan (or whoever you are masquerading as today), Intah, Chocolatine, Ghaith Al-Iraqi, Cummins Power, BibleDeer, LorisXV, Gucci Pink, esquire1703, and several others, ... but open to everyone.

"If we (FF)  shut down  our last remaining active server, "CrossFire", where do you plan on going to play?" 

It's a Simple question that doesn't warrant a long dissertation, argumentative remarks, or responses to others answers.  Just a simple, truthful answer is all that is asked.
(12-01-2019, 04:00 PM)Too Old To Run Wrote: Question:

-directed to:  NeJoy, Darth Jiggles, Marksman, Hogan (or whoever you are masquerading as today), Intah, Chocolatine, Ghaith Al-Iraqi, Cummins Power, BibleDeer, LorisXV, Gucci Pink, and several others, ... but open to everyone.

"If we (FF)  shut down  our last remaining active server, "CrossFire", where do you plan on going to play?" 

It's a Simple question that doesn't warrant a long dissertation, argumentative remarks, or responses to others answers.  Just a simple, truthful answer is all that will be accepted.
    I have an electronics shop in our garage, and a wood shop at my parents house across the street that would be very happy to see me working in them more often.  There are so many projects just waiting to be done.
Very good question, 2Old! I think they'd be lost not knowing what to do with their lives
(12-01-2019, 08:12 PM)Cobra Wrote: Very good question, 2Old! I think they'd be lost not knowing what to do with their li
So?  Where would you go?
Chief's New Experience prolly
I got tired of seeing the same conflicts play out repeatedly so I moved on to different games.
   Of all the 27 people who have read this question, only a couple have responded.  I guess that could mean that nobody else has thought of How the attitude and play style of just a few people who come here to play is killing our last active server, or they just don't care.

When anyone comes into the servers run by and paid for by Fatal Forces, they are expected to follow the rules that FF members have put in place to govern Their servers.  This is Fatal Forces "turf" and it is NOT up to the players to decide which rules they want to obey.  IF a player comes here to play, they then automatically have agreed to abide by those  rules.  FF is the sole judge of any players adherence to the rules.  It is not up for discussion or arbitration by the player at that time if there is a disagreement.  There are proper channels to follow in the FF Forums for that.  Remember though who makes the rules and pays the bills here so you can have fun, ... for FREE.
   ANY player who chooses to disrespect the FF rules is subject to removal.  If any player chooses to continue to disobey the rules they are subject to permanent removal and they will forfeit their privileges as our GUEST.  The FF members are the ONLY ones who are Entitled to play here.  Anyone else who plays here with us continues to do so only with OUR consent.  Guests are granted the Privilege, Not a Right, to stay here and play.
   If you, as a guest player here, are not happy with the way we run Our server, then you are Free to leave at any time.  You are not a prisoner here.  Those who have the childish, self-entitled idea that They can do as they wish when they come to OUR servers, are not welcome here.  Please take your spoiled brat attitude somewhere else.  Chances are that you will not be welcome there either.  Or, you might have already been banned from their servers, too.  Players like this have closed down the other servers by their lousy attitude and overly aggressive game-play.  Why do they even think that they will be allowed to bully the other players while FF just stands by.  Just leave, and disrespect someone else's place. 

=|FF|=2OldToRun
(12-11-2019, 11:36 PM)Too Old To Run Wrote:    Of all the 27 people who have read this question, only a couple have responded.  I guess that could mean that nobody else has thought of How the attitude and play style of just a few people who come here to play is killing our last active server, or they just don't care.

When anyone comes into the servers run by and paid for by Fatal Forces, they are expected to follow the rules that FF members have put in place to govern Their servers.  This is Fatal Forces "turf" and it is NOT up to the players to decide which rules they want to obey.  IF a player comes here to play, they then automatically have agreed to abide by those  rules.  FF is the sole judge of any players adherence to the rules.  It is not up for discussion or arbitration by the player at that time if there is a disagreement.  There are proper channels to follow in the FF Forums for that.  Remember though who makes the rules and pays the bills here so you can have fun, ... for FREE.
   ANY player who chooses to disrespect the FF rules is subject to removal.  If any player chooses to continue to disobey the rules they are subject to permanent removal and they will forfeit their privileges as our GUEST.  The FF members are the ONLY ones who are Entitled to play here.  Anyone else who plays here with us continues to do so only with OUR consent.  Guests are granted the Privilege, Not a Right, to stay here and play.
   If you, as a guest player here, are not happy with the way we run Our server, then you are Free to leave at any time.  You are not a prisoner here.  Those who have the childish, self-entitled idea that They can do as they wish when they come to OUR servers, are not welcome here.  Please take your spoiled brat attitude somewhere else.  Chances are that you will not be welcome there either.  Or, you might have already been banned from their servers, too.  Players like this have closed down the other servers by their lousy attitude and overly aggressive game-play.  Why do they even think that they will be allowed to bully the other players while FF just stands by.  Just leave, and disrespect someone else's place. 

=|FF|=2OldToRun

Well said.
instead of shutting down maybe ban those named above.  I've seen evidence of WH from most.  Run Jammer and dead silence with all silenced weapons and you'll see it too.
(12-13-2019, 09:22 AM)Aggressor Wrote: instead of shutting down maybe ban those named above.  I've seen evidence of WH from most.  Run Jammer and dead silence with all silenced weapons and you'll see it too.

My question was a "What IF" question, not meant to infer that we Are planning that any time soon.

EVERY hacker we have seen here has the same rhetoric.  " WHO?  ME?  No way! I'm just REALLY good."  "I've been playing here since before I was born!" "I used to play Promod, ... for money, ... against Stevy."  Even the truly good players can't do a lot of the crap we see here. 

Fatal Forces has one of the last CoD4 1.7 cracked servers left.  A couple years ago we had 3 servers running.  Then it got to be 2.  Now we're down to only My neighborhood, CrossFire.  We have only ourselves to blame, because we let the few hackers and the REALLY GOOD players Ruin the servers for the ones who are here ONLY to have some fun without all the competitive BS.  Now, many of the players who were here just for the fun of it, have left.  I, for one, am fed up with the self-entitled, bully attitude we get from these guys when we ask them to cut the competition $hit or leave.  "I don't know what you're talking about.",  is what we get.  "I'm not doing anything wrong.  I know all the upper level admins and they say it's ok to play this way and to rape your server if I want to."  (That's BS by the way.)

THEN, when they do get kicked to show that We mean business, They have a cry-baby hissy fit and throw a temper tantrum!  They act like They are the ones making the rules and are paying for these servers and They can do whatever They want, and Play anyway They want.  They behave worse than our 10 year old grandson when he's told to do something he doesn't want to do ( but at least he has learned that That kind of behavior is not acceptable, at least not in Our family).  Talk about spoiled brats?  We got 'em here.  Here ya go, ... the poster children for "Planned Parenthood"!   

They ask, "Why'd ya kick me?!"

I just answer, " Because I didn't want to BAN you without giving you a chance to play N-O-R-M-A-L.  NOW the choice is yours whether you stay here or not." 

When I tell them to stop playing like the food on their table for the next 6 months was at stake or go play somewhere else, they say this is the only place left for them to play.   NO Shit Sherlock!  I wonder Why!  YOU guys killed ALL the rest of the servers!  Now you're trying to do the same thing here!  ..... No Way!  Knock it off or get out.   Hence My original Question. 

IF you have plans to go somewhere else IF we were to shut FF down, ..... Go Play There Now!  Or, better yet, ... Pay for your own server and make your own rules for it.  Just leave here.
   If you do stay, either play nice or get used to being kicked and or banned on sight whenever you are discovered.  The choice is Yours.  If you are as good as you profess to be, you should have no trouble toning it down to normal (Remember way back when You played Normal?).  IF you are using config scripts and binds, or hacks, or any other artificial enhancements to your computer equipment that gives you an unfair advantage over the other players, try to learn to play the game all by yourself, without the cheats,  and just play to have fun regardless of how good or bad the results are.  After all, IT'S - JUST - A - FRICKEN' - GAME, ... OK?
   Now, I consider myself to be an easy-going kinda guy, just trying ta have some good clean fun and to stay outa trouble.  Either way, I am going to stand up for the normal, regular-Joe players who are here just for the fun of playing CoD4 with us.  They're not here to get everyone else pi$$ed off at them for their bully-like play style so they can boast to their friends about their GREAT SCORE.  These people are the ones who make the game fun for all the rest of the players, and who laugh with us.

SO, if you are Not going to be part of the solution to this problem, .... You ARE part of the Problem.  Plain and simple.  AND, Now you know how I Feel about this problem, and you know what to expect, either good or bad for you, when you see me in a game.  Please play clean and fairly in our servers, and Have Fun!

=|FF|=2OldToRun
Not quite sure why I'm on your list there..
To answer your original question.. when FF is empty I go on the h4x 24/7 war one now.. it's not that great as Crossfire is only on once every 4.5 hours in the rotation (and it's hardcore), but I guess you can teach new tricks to an old dog as I'm finally (after playing this game pretty much exclusively on crossfire for over 10 years) getting acquainted with other maps. There are a bunch of players from here and other places that I've played with in the past there.

hopefully you guys can still keep this going.. really appreciate you keeping the server alive.. it's the last 1.7 24/7 crossfire in the USA.. Even though I haven't been able to play as much as I used to, it's great to see/chat with some of the regulars every once in a while and have a chance to blow off some steam in game without having to think about work and other crap.

In any case, thanks -- Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah and a happy new year!
Well said, Bibledeer! I was wondering why you're on that list, too. And mentally crossed you out there, haha.

Enjoy your Christmas time with all your bible-family, then happy New Year and see you around Smile
[Image: giphy.gif] [Image: 9o49v1dnxqreizp6g.jpg]
A man will go to war, fight & die for his country. But he won't get a bikini wax. (R.Rudner) | Night air, good conversation & a sky full of stars can heal almost any wound. (B.Taplin)
Many of the ones I listed have been called out for "playing too rough" here.  I do Not care to make judgements on their abilities and whether or not they are by skill, or "artificial enhancements", or from $$ in better equipment.  The problem is now not a matter of those criteria.  It IS a matter of why should we keep those few "REALLY GOOD" players on here and watch the other people, who are here just to have some relaxing fun, leave because of them and their overly aggressive and competitive play style.
   I for one, am very suspicious of anyone who can just run right over to me while I am running UAV jammer, silenced weapon -no shots fired, and am in a out-of-the-way hiding spot, and have been there for a while, and they kill me.  I have done this several times as bait to expose someone with a suspected wall-hack and whom others are complaining about.  When they are confronted the first thing they say is, "I saw your Red Dot on the mini-map".  BS!  I'm alone and there is NO red dot with my UAV jammer and silencer!  BUSTED!  This has come from a few long time players and from some others who I am now very dissappointed with. 
   This is just a frickin' game!!  Why do you need to play so hard?  WE're here just to have some fun.  It's like that pick-up game among a bunch of friends in the old vacant lot, or in the neighborhood park!!
(12-25-2019, 01:16 PM)Too Old To Run Wrote: Many of the ones I listed have been called out for "playing too rough" here.  I do Not care to make judgements on their abilities and whether or not they are by skill, or "artificial enhancements", or from $$ in better equipment.  The problem is now not a matter of those criteria.  It IS a matter of why should we keep those few "REALLY GOOD" players on here and watch the other people, who are here just to have some relaxing fun, leave because of them and their overly aggressive and competitive play style.
   I for one, am very suspicious of anyone who can just run right over to me while I am running UAV jammer, silenced weapon -no shots fired, and am in a out-of-the-way hiding spot, and have been there for a while, and they kill me.  I have done this several times as bait to expose someone with a suspected wall-hack and whom others are complaining about.  When they are confronted the first thing they say is, "I saw your Red Dot on the mini-map".  BS!  I'm alone and there is NO red dot with my UAV jammer and silencer!  BUSTED!  This has come from a few long time players and from some others who I am now very dissappointed with. 
   This is just a frickin' game!!  Why do you need to play so hard?  WE're here just to have some fun.  It's like that pick-up game among a bunch of friends in the old vacant lot, or in the neighborhood park!!

The number one reason for losing players and servers is that this game is old.. also, over the past 10+ years that I've been playing it, when servers start having network/load problems (too many CIs, lags, high pings, ..) is when you empty servers.. not necessarily play style.. Your server is policed well, so real cheaters (aimbots, etc) are not a big issue.. that bug exploit that some idiots were using to crash our games -- that sucked and made many leave.. Now with Apple's new OSX update that is killing CoD4 for us Mac players, that's the next issue..

As for aggressive/competitive play style -- this is a strategic war game.. some camp with an LMG (that's how I started).. others with a sniper and the rest provide food for both.
personally, I play as vindictive as I can.. you kill me, I'll do my best to kill you back.. that's the fun for me.. the more you camp hard, the harder I would try to get you, even if I die 20 times to get you once.. the games I enjoy the most are when the server is loaded and the teams are well matched.. getting killed at spawn or very close to spawning by someone camping behind spawn upsets me as well as big ping differences where I think I hit someone 10 times and they shoot me once after and they get the kill.

If everyone was camping where nobody could get them and they couldn't get anyone then that's not exactly a fun game.. also, if you're camping with an LMG and getting everyone that goes through a door, that's not exactly fun for new folks that don't know the map either.

UAV jammer and a silencer is not exactly a scientific method.. all it takes is someone else from your team without a UAV jammer to be in your vicinity for someone on the other team to look there or nade, etc. When I was part of the UTF clan, we used to be tied at the hip with Punkbuster, where we got hundreds of hackers banned from all PB servers, you couldn't do it based on a hunch or UAV jammer, there had to be demo proof. There were some demo replay tools that allowed you to see exactly where that person was aiming and you could tell the real wallhackers and aimbotters apart from the good players.. again, not fool proof but a better method.

In any case, to each his own.. I really enjoy the server and playing and talking to the people on it.. some of which I played with since I started playing this game back in 2009. While I respectfully disagree with some of what you said, I do want to thank you for keeping it alive.

-- BibleDeer
I paly somtimes on HC crossfire 24/7 , I dont like play old schoolSad......but I'm still here! With FF . I working hard and play lessSad.....