Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trying to populate a cod4 server
I'm going to be sitting in one of your cod4 servers as a spectator to populate it. Not sure if that's allowed, if not let me know and I'll leave it. Btw, if I hear anyone in I'll jump in.
Not forbidden, but appreciated. That's what I did/do a lot myself actually, usually works, keeps the servers alive. Good luck!

[Image: call-of-duty-cat-says-attack]
[Image: giphy.gif] [Image: 9o49v1dnxqreizp6g.jpg]
A man will go to war, fight & die for his country. But he won't get a bikini wax. (R.Rudner) | Night air, good conversation & a sky full of stars can heal almost any wound. (B.Taplin)
is there a peacemaker around? I seriously would like to know why I was kicked out of the server? dude runs around the map like a noob making noise and kicks me cause i can hear him coming from a mile away... I'll be honest I use to be alot better than i am now... I just started playing about a week ago. back when this came out it wasn't a problem to to 120-15 k:d ratio.

(12-14-2019, 09:43 AM)[UW]EyeOfKitty Wrote: Not forbidden, but appreciated. That's what I did/do a lot myself actually, usually works, keeps the servers alive. Good luck!

[Image: call-of-duty-cat-says-attack]

i had people in there then got kicked.... now everyone's gone again!
Peacemaker is a valued member, keep that in mind and please be kind in the future.
No prob with good players but it would be great if you could game in a way everybody around enjoys it actually.
A man will go to war, fight & die for his country. But he won't get a bikini wax. (R.Rudner) | Night air, good conversation & a sky full of stars can heal almost any wound. (B.Taplin)
Didn't mean any disrespect eye of kitty, heat of the moment kinda thing.
HI; Bad, I's been a long time.
Playing Cod 4 is not like it used to be, everyone is a hacker till proven not.
You were a #1 player and play with your sound way up. Now most think you spook your configs or hacking.
I will vouch for badfish, he has a quick temper but is a great player and a competitive guy.
Just played with him, no issues, had a good time.

But I agree, 1st, I might know one or two "too good to be true"-players myself who are having a hard time with special folks in charge ...
Hey ED, It's been a long time! Sucks to hear you don't play anymore. but like i told ya let me know when you get in vent/team speak and ill jump in an catch up!

I just looked and cant find my microphone... so it will be here December 24th!
(12-14-2019, 08:43 AM)Badfish Wrote: I'm going to be sitting in one of your cod4 servers as a spectator to populate it. Not sure if that's allowed, if not let me know and I'll leave it. Btw, if I hear anyone in I'll jump in.

HI Bad!

Baby-sitting one of our servers is something we Do need.  I don't remember you being tagged but if you have 1st's confidence why don't you put in your application for joining up?  OR  You might be able to get started as a rookie L20 and go through the ranks that way.  I'm sure that a few of the other "still-members" would remember you and put in their 2cents as well. (Good?, Bad?)  It's a good way ta get back into the swing of things.

Either way, thanx for the interest and the help.

You're on next watch soldier.  Keep alert.  ... As you were.

2OLD
application has been submitted!
(12-19-2019, 05:15 PM)Badfish Wrote: application has been submitted!

So I see.  Well, now that you "have run it up the flagpole", let's see who salutes it.  We see "1st" in TS3 on occasion, but he enjoys just shooting the $hit with us for a while.  I hope to see more of the old crew come back in once in a while for a few rounds of good clean NON-competitive fun, however IF there is any solid interest in getting a more competitive game server up and running, I'm fairly sure that could be arranged, too.
   Most of the players now are just here for the fun of it.  It's like a pick-up game between friends in the vacant lot down the street.  The players are not as interested in their scores as much as they are in just having fun.  Some players come in playing like Air Jordan in a Jr. High School b'ball game.  They just bully everyone out and rape the server.  We have to keep things on a much more friendly basis than that now just for our last active server to survive. 

I have kept hope that we can find somewhere for these X-Competitive players to ply their skills where they Will go to play, and stay off the beginners CrossFire server.  Most though, seem to gravitate towards "shooting fish in a barrel" in our CrossFire server, and then get their panties all in a twist when we have to remove them.  CrossFire just will not survive that kind of play any longer.  It will go the way of our AllMaps server and our Broadcast server before that, ... Extinct.

Hope ta see ya some evening-night when I'm in TS (usually between 8pm and 1am EST), and I'll get you setup with your demo folder and permissions there.            Catchya then,          2Old